Hyperledger Fabric from scratch
Looks awesome! I'm going to create a development thread so we can all collaborate.
At some point in the near future, I'll have the skills to build a pure Fabric Network.  I'm still in "learning mode", but when I do get to that point, I would like to "document the journey".      

Some time ago, I saw something on Stack Overflow (can't remember exactly where) but what stuck with me was the analogy that Composer is to Fabric the same way as Angular is to JavaScript.

I have nothing against Composer, and at some point, I'll play around with it as well.
Quote:At some point in the near future, I'll have the skills to build a pure Fabric Network. I'm still in "learning mode", but when I do get to that point, I would like to "document the journey".
Please do. I've had quite the difficulty with finding vanilla Fabric tutorials. Not much information out there in comparison to Composer. What are you building at the moment?
If you look at online courses (i.e. Udemy), it seems like all the courses being offered are on Composer.  

Anyway, I just finished ramping up on Docker (i.e. Docker, Docker Compose, and Docker Swarm).

I'm about to start toying around with the Hyperledger Fabric samples to see how they tick.  Most of the Fabric samples run (Docker) containers on a single host.  What I'd like to do is tweak those samples so that containers will be created on separate hosts (as it should be).  

If I'm successful, I'll definitely document it.
(05-12-2018, 08:30 PM)atcvince Wrote: If you look at online courses (i.e. Udemy), it seems like all the courses being offered are on Composer.  

Anyway, I just finished ramping up on Docker (i.e. Docker, Docker Compose, and Docker Swarm).

I'm about to start toying around with the Hyperledger Fabric samples to see how they tick.  Most of the Fabric samples run (Docker) containers on a single host.  What I'd like to do is tweak those samples so that containers will be created on separate hosts (as it should be).  

If I'm successful, I'll definitely document it.

Good luck!
Regards,

Block McChainy
@atcvine

Any updates??