Minimum configuration for required for 2 Org blockchain app
Hi All, I have a usecase which utilizes 2 Orgs. What could be minimum configuration to setup this blockchain network. How may peers (anchor), Orderers etc.
Do you plan to use Composer or just a plain Hyperledger Fabric network?
Hi Shyam,

For Hyperledger Fabric, you'll need two (2) peers (one per Org) and an Ordering Service.

The Hyperledger Fabric Read the Docs page has a sample network diagram.  

In that diagram:
  • The Hyperledger Fabric Network (N), consists of an Orderer (O4), two (2) Peers (P1 and P2), all connected by a single Channel (C1)
  • The Network Configuration (NC4) is stored within the Orderer (O4)
  • The Channel Configuration (CC1) is completely separate from the Network configuration
  • Each Peer has a copy of the Ledger (L1) and Chaincode (S5)
  • Applications (A1 and A2) interact with the Network via the Channel (C1)

Hope this information helps and good luck!

-Vince
Hi Admin, I am planning with Composer. But do not know if this work well or need to work on basic Fabric Network

(08-12-2018, 02:38 AM)atcvince Wrote: Hi Shyam,

For Hyperledger Fabric, you'll need two (2) peers (one per Org) and an Ordering Service.

The Hyperledger Fabric Read the Docs page has a sample network diagram.  

In that diagram:
  • The Hyperledger Fabric Network (N), consists of an Orderer (O4), two (2) Peers (P1 and P2), all connected by a single Channel (C1)
  • The Network Configuration (NC4) is stored within the Orderer (O4)
  • The Channel Configuration (CC1) is completely separate from the Network configuration
  • Each Peer has a copy of the Ledger (L1) and Chaincode (S5)
  • Applications (A1 and A2) interact with the Network via the Channel (C1)

Hope this information helps and good luck!

-Vince

Thanks Vince.

I've tried all the tutorials of read the doc but everywhere dev environment using docker images are already made. I want to setup this without docker and its images.
As I need 2 peers means 2 separate servers (say: http://www.domain1.com and http://www.domain2.com) then how and where we will do configuration?

Also do we need to install fabric on both server. If yes, can you provide me a link to JUST install hyperledger Fabric?
Apparently it is possible without docker: https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/fabric/topic/17727959

I haven't worked too much with just Fabric. I use Composer on top of it.
Thanks Ronald,

I will look into given link. Did you managed to create network without using docker with the help of Composer. Because as I checked on COMPOSER documentation they also used to setup a dev environment using docker then teach how to deploy business network (means chaincode)
I've only done the installation with docker. Are you trying to not use docker and use a separate device for every portion that would normally be containerized?
(08-20-2018, 01:22 AM)Ronald Long Wrote: I've only done the installation with docker. Are you trying to not use docker and use a separate device for every portion that would normally be containerized?

Yes, actually I am wondering if in live(production) situation do service provider create network on docker itself or they build a network containing separate server for each organization in the consortium.